An artist and a chemist making soda and carbonated juices from scratch, using fresh and seasonal ingredients. Fresh draft soda - available at the Brooklyn Flea on the weekends & select bars & restaurants

Thursday, February 4, 2010

attempting lime mint soda



I decided to attempt a lime mint soda this morning. We had decided on a lemon mint soda the previous night, but I woke up and realized lemon just didn't feel as exciting as limes... and who doesn't love a mojito? especially in the dead of winter?


lime and mint soda


5 limes

zest of 2 limes

2.5 boxes of mint

roughly 3/4 cup of turbinado sugar


made simple syrup with sugar.

added in zest and heated over low heat

juiced limes

added mint; and muddled.

Mixture was then filtered resulting in about 280ml of very limey liquid.


Here's the problem now: despite adding in 2.5 boxes of mint, the lime taste seems somewhat overwhelming. And since I'm alone (this is my first attempt to make a soda without Tony) I have no one else's palate for corroboration.


I'm putting the limey soda in the fridge, eating a chocolate muffin to make myself feel better then I'm off to install some art.


No comments:

Post a Comment